Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy Holidays!!


My students this year helped me to create this Macbook Christmas  tree.  Every student in class arranged their laptop and kept it from falling asleep in order to get this photo.  We had to work together, problem solve and had a great time in the process.  We have even bigger plans for next year!

The holiday season is generally a good time when it comes to technology.  For many of us, it is the one time of the year that we load up on new techno stuff and spend our days off trying to get them up and running.  Popular gifts this year included smart phones, gaming systems, television streaming devices, tablets and fitness bands.

My favorite use of technology, of course, is education, and you don't need to be in school to use it for that purpose!  I use my ChromeCast most often to watch documentaries and my tablet to read from (though I always prefer the paper copies).  One of the best new education technologies is the fitness band. They have gone from digital pedometers to tiny personal computers that keep track of sleep patterns, calorie consumption and activity. It takes a tedious and difficult task and simplifies it. For all of those New Year's resolutions involving health goals, there is no better investment than a fitness band! 

No comments:

Post a Comment